Saturday, January 16, 2010

today i am in toronto

"Oh my good looooorrrrd!" as my mom would say! Today has been a loooong day. My mom, dad, and I started our drive to Toronto today at 8:30am. We picked up Ellie and Francesca (2 other students going on the trip with me) and kept it moving! Okay I have to mention this because if you know me at all, you know that I am a fatty at heart...we stopped at McDonalds and I had my last big mac for the next few months!! ANYWAYS, at around 4pm we finally got to Toronto...didn't really have problems at the border, although the guy that checked our passports was a little to nosy for my taste...but I guess that's his job. Francesca's aunt and uncle live in Toronto so she is staying with them; Ellie is staying with us this first night.

I changed my U.S. billz to Canadian dollars, because I'll get a better exchange rate when I change it to CUC (Cuban currency) when I get to Cuba.

Toronto is big! Our hotel is in Toronto, but we drove about 30 min just to get downtown! We had dinner at a super posh Thai bar/cafe...it was soooo tasty! I had a sushi roll for an appetizer, pad thai, and fried rice. YUMM.

Tomorrow I'm meeting up with the rest of the group and staying a Doubletree hotel. You know what that means... DOUBLETREE COOKIES!!!!!!!! My favorite cookies ever in life! Phew! 6 of us (me, Ellie, Morgan, Lauren, Miles, and Dan) are all going to room in one room to save some money.

AND THEN.......MONDAY AT 10AM WE ARE OFF TO CUBA!

We have to have a book read by Tuesday. It's called "Havana: Autobiography of a City" by Alfredo José Estrada. I am on chapter 2 and don't feel like reading right now...hmmmmm...

4 comments:

  1. "ohhhhh canadaaaaaaaaa! my home and native land..."

    yummy cookies!

    better get on that reading:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I know you did enjoyed your cookies. I witnessed it!

    Love you, Mom

    Keep writting!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. 1- BOO!!!! to the Big Mac... you need to watch Food Inc.
    2- Thumbs up to the Double Tree cookies... yum.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Lisita, I watched Food Inc. before she came back from Puerto Rico and didn't want to touch McDonald's and guess what she did when I got her from the airport? She made me stop at a Mickey's so she could eat a BIG MAC:( I ended up getting a Big Kids Nugget meal and felt disgusting **shakes head** Her excuse -- "you choose your battles!"

    ReplyDelete