Friday, January 22, 2010

Santa Maria

I just got back from Santa Maria beach and it was GORGEOUS!!!! The water was so clear and beautiful. And it was a beautiful day...some clouds, but whatevs. I will DEFINITELY be returning. It's only a 20 minute taxi ride! I definitely like this not having class on Fridays thing!

OMG!!!!! So last night we wanted to walk all along the Malecón to go to La Habana Vieja. But let me tell you, it is such a LOOOOOOOOONG walk!! It probably took us about 2hrs to get there, but we stopped a couple times to chill and listen to music. We ended up at the Plaza de Armas. During the day it is such a busy area filled with book sellers and all sorts of personalities. However, at night it is so quiet and so peaceful. At first I didn't even realize that we were there! We just sat down and chilled. It was dope. Dan graced us with an impromptu poetry reading, which was so cool. Then we put on some salsa tunes and just started dancing. Jose and Giovanni, which are actual dancers started dancing and kinda showing off ;) It was cute though. At about 1:30ish we decided to head back. Butttttt a bunch of ppl took taxis and Diana, Abby, Jose, Giovanni, Ruben and I didn't mind walking....or so we thought. We didn't get back until 3:00am!! I was so exhausted!!!!!!! But it was a chill night.

Now I'm getting ready to have din din (which I'm always excited about because I never know what Miladys has cookin' for us!!). Not sure what our plans are for tonight.

I'm having the time of my life.

5 comments:

  1. i need a Miladys living with me... for reals. i'm starving right now. problem is i don't feel like cooking or eating out. hmmm :-/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Carlita:
    No sabes la alegría que me dio leer tu blog. Estaba leyéndolo en Brann's con el PRC. Claro que no te podía escribir rápido desde mi Iphone así que tuve que esperar hasta llegar a casa. Cuéntame más de esos menús que te cocina Miladys. Me da gracia con el comentario de Lisita. Hija mia, sigue disfrutando esta experiencia única. Continuo viendo a Cuba a traves de tus escritos. Besitos,
    Mami

    ReplyDelete
  3. like i said before you left, i'm expecting a bomb a$$ plate of cuban style black beans and rice so i hope you're going to find time to get in that kitchen with miladys:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. i agree with alma! it's time we switch roles in the kitchen, carla. next time i see you i'll be sure to bother you while you make some cuban food :)

    everything you're doing sounds amazing. keep enjoying yourself! i tried sending you a bbm. i assume your phone is not with you and just turned off for the trip.

    ReplyDelete
  5. yea, she can't text or bbm buddy. just email or gchat when she has internet access.

    ReplyDelete